Using a heart rate monitor during workout, although ignored by many people, is quite a necessary thing. Not only do you keep track of your heart rate and calories burned, but these nifty gadgets also track how your body is working at that heart rate: are you burning fat, working on aerobic fitness? Keeping track of these things help you accomplish your fitness goals much easier.
Polar has been a leader when it comes to heart rate monitors. At great performance and affordable prices – usually under $100, it’s been a favorite among athletes worldwide. Two of the most popular models by Polar are the FT4 and FT7 Heart Rate Monitors. The two nearly identical monitors can confuse many people when it comes to their buying decision, so we’ll be comparing them in this post. But before we do that, let’s look at the main features of the heart rate monitors, which are shared by the two models:
- Continuous heart rate monitoring with average and maximum heart rate during the workout.
- Heart rate chest strap – which is required for the monitoring process. Made of fabric and adapts to body shape.
- Smart Calorie features analyzes your data to provide an accurate number of calories burned.
- Water resistant up to 30M
- Connects to compatible gym equipments using GymLink.
- Doubles as a watch with time, alarm and snooze features.
- Both monitors are available in many designs and colors suitable for men and women
The Polar FT4 vs. FT7, What Is The Difference?
Image Title Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor, Blue/Lilac Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor, Unisex (Blue/Blue) Feature Continuous, accurate heart rate provides clear workout guidance
Energy Pointer feature tells you if the main effect of your training is fitness improvement or fat burning
Smart Calorie feature uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
Includes heart rate chest strap made of soft fabric material that adapts to your body shape; Requires and includes chest strap for accurate heart rate
User replaceable battery, water resistant (30m), plus connects with compatible gym equipment using GymLink
Provides continuous, accurate heart rate to keep your fitness training simple
Smart Calorie feature uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
Includes heart rate chest strap made of soft fabric material that adapts to your body shape. Requires and includes chest strap for accurate heart rate
User replaceable battery and water resistant (30m)
Connects with compatible gym equipment using GymLink
Rating Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
The FT4 will give you everything you need a heart rate monitor: continuous monitoring, high and low hear rate targets with alarm, calories burned counter and it can add up to 10 training files. That’s in addition to the watch feature with alarm and snooze. This is a great monitor for anyone looking for a basic and functional heart rate monitor. But if you’re looking for a bit more advanced features.. you’ll find them in the FT7.
The FT7 has everything mentioned above, plus these features:
- EnergyPointer feature: a visual guide that shows you what is the main effect of the workout you’re doing – if you’re burning fat at that certain heart rate or simply improving your fitness. This helps you achieve your fitness goals way better.
- Calculates fat burn percentage
- Save up to 99 training files (as opposed to 10 only for the FT4).
- Includes a PC/Mac training program.
- Includes Polar WearLink+ transmitter which transfers your data to Nike + system.
- Connect and upload data to PolarPersonalTrainer.com which analyzes your data, shows you your training diary, allows you to fix a training schedule and gives you tips on how to improve your workout based on the data.
Which Should I Buy? The FT4 or FT7?
Of course, since the FT7 offers a lot more features than the FT4, it does cost a little bit more. But the price difference is almost unmentionable (around $20 to $30) in comparison to the advances features you’d be getting. We highly recommend that you buy the FT7 over the FT4 as it provides a lot more value for your money.
As a follow up to our previous post on Philips Sonicare electric toothbrushes, today we’ll be comparing two popular models from another high rated bran, Oral-B. We’ll be comparing the Oral-B 5000 Precision Clean + Floss electric toothbrush to the Oral-B Precision 7000.
Before we compare them, let’s have a look at the features of each toothbrush….
Oral-B Professional Healthy Clean + Floss Action Precision 5000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush:
- Offers 40,000 pulsating movements per minute.
- 3 brush movements: pulsates, oscillates and rotates for superior plaque removal.
- 5 brushing modes: Daily Clean, Deep Clean, Sensitive, Massage, and Polish.
- Wireless smart guide helps you brush the way dentists recommend: it lights up when the recommended two minutes are up (3 minutes for deep cleaning).
- FlossAction brush head to loosen plaque between teeth.
What’s In The Box:
- 1 handle
- 1 charger
- 1 Floss Action refill brush head
- 1 refill stand,
- 1 travel case
- 1 Smartguide
Oral-B Precision Black 7000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush:
- 3D cleaning action with 3 brush movements: pulsates, oscillates and rotates.
- 6 cleaning modes: daily clean, sensitive, whitening, deep clean, massage and tongue cleaner.
- Pressure sensor alerts you if you’re pressing to hard on your teeth.
- Timer with 2-minute indicator.
- Wireless smart guide to help you with dentist recommended brushing.
What’s In The Box:
- Rechargeable Toothbrush Handle
- Charging station with brush head storage
- Wireless SmartGuide
- Handle Travel Case
- 3 Refill Heads – 1 Sensitive, 1 ProWhite, 1 Floss Action
What Is The Difference Between Oral-B 5000 and Oral-B 7000 Electric Toothbrushes?
- The Oral-B 7000 has 6 modes, whitening mode being the difference between it and the 5000.
- Oral-B 7000 also has a pressure sensor and a timer that the Oral-B 5000 does not have.
- Oral-B 7000 includes more refill heads, including a sensitive, ProWhite and a Floss Action brushes. Where the Oral-B 5000 only includes the Floss Action brush as an extra.
- Both toothbrushes hold the battery up to 10 days of regular use before having to recharge.
Which One Should I Buy?
Budget wise, there’s about $40 difference between the Oral-B 7000 and 5000, so your budget might limit your decision. But if you’re not on a strict budget then the extra features on the 7000 model will be worth the extra dollars.
What You Need To Know About Oral-B Head Brushes:
One of the great things about available head brushes for Oral-B is that is offers customized cleaning for every dental need, here are a few of them:
- Dual Clean gives you twice the cleaning with its two moving brushes.
- Deep Sweep gives you three moving tips on the brush.
- Sensitive brush is great for people with sensitive teeth or gums.
- Braces Care is made specially to keep your teeth and braces clean.
In this post, we’ll compare two popular Philips Sonicare FlexCare toothbrushes, the HX6921/30 Flexcare Plus vs. HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum.
the Sonicare FlexCare electric toothbrush line offers a wide range of dental health products that are by far the highest rated on the market. These toothbrushes offer superior features and qualities that neither a traditional nor an electric toothbrush from another brand can offer. But before we get into the difference between these two toothbrushes, let’s have a look at the basic feature that both have:
- Patented Sonic technology that offers 31,000 brush strokes per minute.
- Reduces gum problems (bleeding and inflammation) in two weeks.
- Helps prevent gum recession.
- Removes plaque from on and between teeth.
- 2-minute timer – the suggested brushing time.
- 3 weeks of use before having to recharge again.
The Difference Between the FlexCare Plus vs. FlexCare Platinum:
Image Title Philips Sonicare HX6921/30 Flexcare Plus Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush Philips Sonicare HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush Feature Patented sonic technology delivers 31,000 brush strokes per minute
Offers 5 modes; Including gum care mode to gum healthy in only 2 weeks
Reduces gum inflammation and bleeding in only 2 weeks, and helps prevent gum recession
Includes proresults standard contoured brush head to remove plaque along the gum line
Removes up to 2X more plaque than a manual toothbrush
Patented sonic technology delivers 31,000 brush strokes per minute
Includes Sonicare intercare brush heads to remove up to 7x more plaque between teeth than a manual toothbrush
Helps prevent gingivitis and gum recession
3 modes combine with 3 personalized intensity levels to adapt to your brushing needs
Built-in pressure sensor alerts you when brushing to hard
Rating Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
Basically, the difference lies in these features:
- Number of available modes.: the FlexCare PLUS features 5 modes: Clean, Gum Care, Refresh Sensitive and Massage. the FlexCare PLATINUM features 3 modes: Clean, White and Gum Care and these modes can each be further personalized with 3 intensity levels.
- Power to remove plaque: FlexCare PLUS removes up to 2x plaque than regular toothbrush, while the FlexCare PLATINUM removes up to 7x plaque.
- Pressure sensor: the FlexCare PLATINUM includes a built-in pressure sensor that lets you know if you’re brushing too hard.
- What’s Included in the box:
1 flexcare plus handle, 1 standard proresults standard brush head, 1 hygienic travel cap, 1 deluxe charger with cord wrap and brush head storage, and 1 travel case.
1 Sonicare toothbrush handle , 2 Intercase brush heads (Standard) , 1 Deluxe charger with cord wrap and brush head storage, 2 hygienic travel caps and 1 travel case .
Which Should You Buy?
There’s a slight price difference between these two brushes, so choosing which to buy will have to rely on features. The Sonicare FlexCare PLATINUM will certainly give you more bang for your buck. However, if you’re on a strict budget and $10 t0 $2o will make a difference to you, the FlexCare PLUS would be a great choice as well.
A sleek and stylish way to brighten up any household and provide an aroma that will fill the room, ultrasonic aromatherapy diffusers are the perfect companion to essential oils. An alternative to the chemical spray dispersers available in the local supermarket, diffusers release the scent of any chosen oil to reflect the season, your mood or help you relax.
Here are our top picks for best ultrasonic aromatherapy diffusers:
H2EO Ultrasonic Diffuser Blue Lights Model:
- Emits a calming blue light and has the ability to turn off all lights including red power button for operation while sleeping
- Remains in the background with quiet diffusion of essential oils
- Volume settings allow you to choose low, medium or high levels of output
- Maximum control with the choice of continuous or four intermittent settings
- Water fill line guides you to the optimal amount of water to add
- Energy efficient switch mode power adapter
- Ensure you use distilled water for maximum performance
- Comes with 12 month warranty and after sale parts and service
Classic Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Diffuser:
- Award winning design made to compliment most rooms
- Umbrella cap allows better diffusion of essential oils
- Advanced and safe ultrasonic vapour diffusing technology with energy saving features
- Low level LED lights create relaxing environment and are easily switch on and off
- Five different timer settings and three different mist dispersion levels with auto shut off feature for peace of mind
- 360 degrees multi directional nozzle provides wide dispersion area
ZAQ Noor Air Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser:
- LiteMist Aromatherapy Technology with auto shut off for peace of mind
- Compact and modern design fits in any surrounding
- No condensation produced from mist
- Soft mood lighting, favourite colour setting or no light mode to suit your mood
- Mist not only relaxes but moisturises your skin at the same time
- Choose any aroma you like from your essential oils collection
- Includes A/C adapter, essential oils sold separately
Simply breathing is a natural and easy way to reap the benefits of aroma therapy. By inhaling fragrant particles of aromatic oils from plants you can begin to improve your health.
Aroma therapy can help reduce stress, provide more energy, fight off depression, and help you sleep easier. Its effects are helping to relax patients in hospitals and keep office workers sharp during repetitive jobs. Due to the wide range of essential oils and fragrances available, aroma therapy can treat physical, emotional, and even spiritual ailments. It is widely known to be therapeutic for people suffering from headaches, muscle aches, cramps, congestion, anxiety, depression, fatigue, and indigestion to name a few.
While there are many methods of aroma therapy, some offer better treatment and greater results. Some common tools used to disperse the aromatic particles into the air are:
Nebulizing Diffusers – These work by basically blowing the oil into the air as a fine misty spray. It can work quickly and put a lot of oil into the air in a short amount of time, but sometimes too much can be overwhelming and not be a good.
Heat Diffusers – Through the use of a heat source, these diffusers cause the oil to evaporate more quickly than normal. At high heat levels they produce stronger smells, but this can also change the chemical makeup of the oil at too high of a temperature.
Evaporative Diffusers – This tool blows air through or over an oil soaked pad and into the room. Although fairly simple, this method does present an issue. The lighter components of the oil will evaporate quickly while the heavier ones will take time to disperse. Over the course of a treatment you will get a lot of light components at the beginning and a high concentration of heavy ones at end.
Ultrasonic Diffusers – Ultrasonic aroma therapy is different from the rest. By causing a small disk to vibrate at ultrasonic speeds, these diffusers break up the essential oils and send them into the room as microparticles in a fine mist. The tiny particles are much more easily inhaled and absorbed through the lungs, allowing for the greatest therapeutic affect on the body, soul, and psyche.
Which Of These Aromatherapy Methods Is The Best?
Out of all the aromatherapy methods mentioned above, Ultrasonic Aromatherapy is currently the best and most popular .It is the best method to diffuse healing aromas into the air in a way that is easily inhaled, without feeling like you’re taking in too much of the aroma, which can be bothering.
There are many Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Diffusers to choose from, you can see our top picks by clicking here.
If you’re one of the following people…
- You have too many prescriptions to fill, yet so little time. You end up running out of your meds before you get a chance to refill them.
- You finally get a chance to visit your local pharmacy, but you’re met with a long line of people waiting to get their prescriptions too.
- You get your medication mixed up. Forget which medication to take when. You find the whole thing just too overwhelming that you decide to skip your medication all together. Now, that’s no good!
What would be the best way to manage your medication and get it refilled? Many pharmacies offer automatic refills that could save you time, but we have an even BETTER solution for you!
What if we told you, there’s a pharmacy that actually does EVERYTHING for you from start to finish?
- Call your Doctor and your Insurance.
- Gets your prescriptions filled and refilled, automatically.
- Delivers your prescription to your doorstep, you’ll never run out of your meds.
- Offers a 24/7 help line to answer all your questions.
And that’s not all…
Your medication will be packaged in small personalized packets labelled with pill names, doses and the time you need to take them. So you’ll always take the right medication at the right time!
It all sounds magical, and it sort of is! PillPack.com is one of the best online pharmacies that offer automatic prescription refills and medication management that make your life so much easier. With the help of technology, simple design and great pharmacists, you are guaranteed the delivery of your medication to your doorstep so you never have to stand in a long line again!
Not sure this is the right service for you or have unanswered questions? You can visit PillPack.com and request a consultation for free before you can decide.
If you’re looking for an automated online pharmacy, then you’re probably a busy person who’s looking for an easy way to refill prescriptions without all the hassle that comes with it. Of course, we get it… No one likes to wait in long lines just to have a prescription filled. And no one likes to run out of their meds just because they didn’t have the time to have it refilled.
How To Get Your Prescription Refilled Automatically?
Most major pharmacies offer you the convenience of automatically refilling your prescription and delivering in to your doorstep. If you visit your pharmacy’s website, you can sign up for an account where you can setup auto refills from your prescription history.
What these pharmacies lack though is medication management. Sure you can get your prescriptions refilled and delivered automatically, but that doesn’t guarantee the usual mix ups that take place. Taking the wrong medication at the wrong time, getting the time of your medication mixed up and all these little mistakes that can have truly unpleasant results.
How To Void Common Medication Mistakes?
What you need is medication management. And you’re in luck as we have found an excellent online pharmacy that offers both automatic prescription refills and medication management that will truly simplify your life.
In a hurry? Click here to see this amazing service.
Otherwise, you can continue reading our article on how you can get your medication managed and refilled automatically here.
As we mentioned in our previous post, two of the most popular and top rated WiFi body scales are the Withings Wifi Scale and Fitbit WiFi Scale. So naturally, the question that comes to mind is, which of these two scales is best and which should a buy?
In this post, we’ll compare both scales and break down their features for you to help you with your decision.
A Comparison Between Withings WS-50 Smart WiFi Body Scale and Fitbit Aria WiFi Body Scale:
Withings WS-50 Smart Body Analyzer:
Basic Scale Features:
- Four weight sensors. Warns you if you’re leaning for the best precise measurement.
- Maximum weight 180KG – 396 lb
- Units: kg, lb, st lb
- Measures full body data: weight, BMI, body fat.
- Heart rate monitor: monitors heart rate and tracks fitness level by looking at and comparing your heat rate history.
- Air quality tracker: monitors temperature and quality of air in the room. Alerts you of CO2 level and when you need to let some fresh air in to improve indoor air quality.
- Track your progress and reach your goals using the free app, available for iOS or Android.
- Also compatible with over 60 other health and fitness apps.
- Connects using WiFi or Bluetooth.
- Connects to a PC using Bluetooth.
- Automatic data upload and analysis.
Users and Sharing:
- Automatic recognition for up to 8 people.
- Keep your data private or share them via social networks.
- Option to send your data directly to your doctor via Email.
As you can see from the features listed above, the Withing WS-50 Smart WiFi Scale is a full body analyzer and health tracker. Not only does it track your weight and body mass, it will also ensure you’re surrounded by fresh air, which leads to better mood, more productivity and better sleep.
The application provided by Withings automatically analyzes your data and gives it to you in easy to read charts. The visualization of your progress is great to keep your eye on your goal and get inspired. That is definitely a huge plus. The sharing options makes it easy to share your progress with your friends, family or even your doctor (which hopefully you won’t be seeing much of!).
Will you be using the Withings Smart Scale with your entire family? Then you’ll absolutely love that it can recognize up to 8 people, automatically, as soon as you step on it! And it will send the data of the person to their own profile, which they can keep private or share with others.
Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale:
Basic Scale Features:
- Maximum weight limit: 350 lbs.
- Units: lbs, KG
- Measures weight, BMI, and body fat percentage.
- Connects to a smartphone or tablet (iOS/Android) using WiFi
- Automatic data upload to smartphone app and Fitbit website.
Users and Sharing:
- Recognizes up to 8 users automatically.
- Ability to set data to private.
- Share data on social networks and Fitbit’s website.
The Fitbit scale makes it easy to track your progress using an iOS or Android app, or through their website. It’s excellent for the entire family to use, since it automatically recognizes up to 8 people. And of course, your data is completely safe and private it if you want it to.
Fitbit’s management tool also helps you create a food log, caloric plan to follow and set goal weights. The charts and visual analysis is easy to follow.
Which Of These Smart WiFi Scale Should I Buy?
Well, that’s ultimately up for you to decide, of course. But here’s the main difference between them:
- The Withings Scale is a full body analyzer and not only a scale. It will monitor your heart rate, your fitness level and even the quality of air in top of your weight, BMI and fat percentage. So it’s an overall monitor for everything that could affect the quality of your life.
- The Fitbit Scale does not look into things like heart rate, fitness level and air quality, and only deals with your weight, BMI and fat percentage.
- Both scales give you automatic data analysis and easy way to track your progress. So they’re the same in that matter.
I would suggest you look into the Withings Body Analyzer and Smart Scale as your Wifi scale. The price difference between the two units is only very little and feature wise, the Withings scale is diffidently a winner.
A growing trend these days is for people to have the ability to share data about their health and fitness with their friends on social networking sites, from running apps that show off how far you can run to diet apps that show what you have had for breakfast. Wifi scales offer a whole new way to analyze your health, offering a totally different experience to the traditional scales with a high tech, interactive way to keep healthy.
Wifi scales come packed full of features to make losing weight and keeping healthy less of a dreary task and more fun, convenient and social than traditional scales. These features include:
- Wifi scales track not only weight but BMI and body fat too, giving an excellent overview of your health.
- All stats are uploaded through a wireless interface to a web browser automatically every time you step on the scales. You can then simply log in and view a graphical analysis of the values taken.
- There is also an Android and iPhone app which allows you to track your weight on the go. The app can also be integrated with some other apps, such as running apps, helping you gain a complete experience.
- You can set weight goals and a calorie plan, which can then be tracked using either a web browser or the app, helping you manage all your needs effortlessly.
- The interactive dashboard and app also allow you to log food and workouts to help you achieve realistic targets.
- If you are feeling proud of your progress you can post to Facebook or send out a tweet, you can also set this up so they are posted automatically.
How Does a WiFi Scale Work?
Most WiFi body scales work the same way:
- You’ll set it up and connect it to your WiFi network at home.
- You’ll download the app for your smartphone/tablet and register your scale on it.
- If more than one person is going to use the scale, then you’ll be able to create different profiles for each individual going to use it.
And you should be all set! The scale will then start to automatically collect data every time you use it and will send it right to your phone. The app will do all the analysis and show you your progress.
Should You Buy a WiFi Scale?
The WiFi body scales provide a great way to keep track of your overall body health in a more convenient and reliable manner than a traditional body scales. With constant access to your data, detailed graphs, the ability to set up targets and integrate with other health programs, you’ll have a perfect product to assist in reaching those new year goals and when you do you can share it with all your friends.
If you’re serious about losing weight, tracking your progress and getting inspired to actually go on with achieving your goal, then a WiFi scale is a must-have for you!
Which WiFi Body Scale Should I Buy?
Two of the most popular smart WiFi body scales are the Withings WiFi scale and Fitbit Aria WiFi scale. In our next post, we’ll look into both scales and compare them for you so you can pick the right choice for you.