Best Body Composition Monitors: Omron HBF-514C vs. Tanita BC-548 Ironman, Which To Buy?
What Is a Body Composition Monitor?
a body composition monitor is like a body scale but gives you more detailed information about your weight so you can accurately measure the progress of your weight loss. It works just like a body scale, you stand on it and it starts to analyze your weight in details: body fat measurement, water weight, muscle mass and BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate). Keeping an eye on these measurements gives you a true insight on your weight and what you should do next in your body loss or fitness journey.
How Does a Body Composition Monitor Work?
a body composition monitor has different sensors than a normal body scale. It uses Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis, a safe electric signal that is passed through your footpads that can analyze the details of your weight like body mass vs water weight and fat. The reading is then reflected on your body composition monitor.
Which Are The Best Composition Body Monitors To Buy?
We’ve chosen two highly rated body composition monitors for you to choose from…
Omron HBF-514C Full Body Composition Sensing Monitor and Scale:
- Uses 6 advance monitors to analyze your body weight and composition.
- 90 days memory function stores all your fitness readings.
- Measures 7 fitness indicators: Body weight, BMI, Body fat percentage, Muscle, Metabolism, Body age and Visceral fat level (far around internal organs).
- Up to 4 person profiles.
Tanita BC-548 Ironman Body Composition Monitor:
- 6 fitness readings: Weight – Body Fat % – Body Water % – Muscle Mass – Physique Rating – Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- Up to 4 profiles.
- Memory recall function.
- 2 modes: standard and athlete.
What Is The Difference Between Omron HBF-514C and Tanita BC-548 Ironman Body Composition Monitors?
Image Title Omron HBF-514C Full Body Composition Sensing Monitor and Scale Tanita BC-548 Ironman Body Composition Monitor, Glass Feature Breakthrough device to measure your body composition at home
Uses 6 advanced sensors to accurately read your whole body
Clinically proven to be as accurate as the medical devices professionals use
90-day memory stores your readings on all fitness indicators
Measures 7 fitness indicators including body fat percentage, BMI, resting metabolism and weight
Ironman features: Weight, Body Fat, Body Water, Muscle Mass, Physique Rating, and BMR
8mm tempered glass platform
Memory keys on top of unit
Recall function (Weight & Body Fat)
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
- The Omron HBF-514C has one extra reading, which is the Visceral fat level.
- The way these body composition monitors operate are different. With the Tanita, you simply stand on it and it does the rest. As for the Omron, it uses hands sensors as well as foot sensors to get accurate reading.
- The Omron is suited for most people, but not for athletes or bodybuilders. The Tanita on the other hand has two modes, standard and athlete.
Which Should You Buy?
The Omron HBF-514C seems to be a more popular choice for its advanced monitoring capability and extra fitness reading. So we’d highly recommend it for those reasons.
- Activity Wristbands
- Air Purifiers
- Bed Mattresses
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Body Composition Monitors
- Electric Flossers
- Electric Shavers
- Electric Toothbrushes
- Facial Cleansing Systems
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Home and Office Health Gear
- IPL Hair Removal Systems
- Light Therapy Boxes
- Mattress Pads
- Medication Management
- Smart Sleep Monitors
- Ultrasonic Humidifiers
- WiFi Body Scales