We’ve talked about balance ball chairs as a great healthy alternative for the average office chairs. But there’s yet another alternative that is just as interesting and that is the Kneeling Chair.
Balance Ball Chair vs. Kneeling Chair: Which Has More Benefits?
- The balance ball chair promotes, well, balance. It keeps your body moving in order for you to be perfectly balanced on it. The result is a better posture and tighter muscles.
- With the kneeling chair, the back of the chair is completely removed to put you in a special kneeling position that removes all the pressure from your lower back. This is a great choice for anyone suffering from constant lower back pain caused by sitting for too long. It is trickier to sit on, but you’ll get the hang of it after a few tries.
How To Use a Kneeling Chair:
Best Kneeling Chairs For Office or Home Use:
Flash Furniture WL-SB-210-GG Mobile Wooden Ergonomic Kneeling Chair:
- Wooden kneeling chair – made of real wood.
- Padded seat and knee rest.
- Adjustable height.
- Wood finish frame keeps the chair sturdy and durable.
Office Star Ergonomically Designed Knee Chair with Casters:
- Padded seat cushion with memory foam.
- 2 separated padded knee rests.
- Height adjustable.
- Metal frame.
Flash Furniture WL-3425-GG Mobile Ergonomic Kneeling Task Chair:
- Combines a standard office chair with kneeling chair.
- Curved mesh back rest, padded seating and knee rest.
- Metal frame.
- Height adjustable.
Balance ball chairs are a great way to keep your body balance and active without interruption of your work day. Sitting on a balance ball instead of a traditional chair helps boost your productivity, keep your from being in one position for too long and it helps tighten your muscles, all while sitting and doing what you already do everyday! Here are our top picks for the best balance ball chairs:
- Adjustable legs, cushioned back for the ultimate comfortable seating.
- 55cm anti-burst balance ball – recommended for users 5′ to 5′ 11″ tall.
- Includes desktop stretching and strengthening guide, and DVD with three 20-minute workouts and three ten-minute “express routines”
- Air pump included.
- Features wide 60mm wheels that provide smooth rolling experience (most other brands use 50mm wheels).
- 52cm balance ball – recommended for 5′ to 5′ 11″ users.
- Base features 4 wheels, 2 lockable.
- Includes air pump and measuring tape for measuring the correct ball size.
- Back of the chair is not cushioned.
- Available in many colors.
- Includes ball and air pump.
- 4 wheel base with 2 lockable wheels.
- Adjustable height and back rest.
Which Of These Ball Chairs Is Best To Buy?
The Gaiam has the largest ball and the only chair with cushions back support. The included DVD with exercise is also quite helpful for extending the benefits of the chair. So we’d highly recommend it as your first choice.
Best Balance Ball Chair with Armrest:
If you prefer the traditional look and feel of an office chair with the added benefit of a balance ball, we highly recommend the Aeromat Low-Back Deluxe Ball Chair:
- Height adjustable, with back rest and arm rests.
- Includes ball, which is recommended to be fitted at 45cm to 50cm.
- Hand air pump also included.
- Activity Wristbands
- Air Purifiers
- Bed Mattresses
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Body Composition Monitors
- Electric Flossers
- Electric Shavers
- Electric Toothbrushes
- Facial Cleansing Systems
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Home and Office Health Gear
- IPL Hair Removal Systems
- Light Therapy Boxes
- Mattress Pads
- Medication Management
- Smart Sleep Monitors
- Ultrasonic Humidifiers
- WiFi Body Scales