What Is a Light Therapy Box and What Is It Used For?
If you’ve ever suffered from the following…
- Seasonal Affective Depression (SAD)
- Low mood.
Then light box therapy is something that will transform your life.
Bright Therapy Box is a device that diffuses bright light that mimics outdoor sunlight. This bright light causes a change in our chemicals which causes a lift in our mood, decreases fatigue, helps you stay sharp and eases the symptoms of depression. [Source]
Exposing yourself to a light box for 20 to 30 minutes per day is all you need to start feeling a real difference in as little as a few days. However, these are NOT suitable for people with Bi-polar disorder.
Which Is The Best Light Therapy Boxes To Buy?
Features of Philips GoLITE BLU:
- Helps fight energy dips, fatigue and winter blues.
- As effective as 10,000 lux white light.
- Small portable size.
- Rechargeable battery allows you to use it anywhere you like.
- Evenly bright, UV-Free lights, safe on eyes.
- Touch button operation.
- Recommended use for 20 to 30 minutes per day.
- Bar light indicator lights up every 10 minutes.
- Free Energy Light app allows you to create your own energy program.
Features of NatureBright SunTouch Plus:
- Includes 10,000 lux light therapy and negative ion therapy.
- ion therapy works as an anti-depressant and is effects show within few days of use.
- Balances body clock to help you feel refreshed and energized.
- UV-Free lights.
- Built-in timer at 15, 30, 45 and 60 minute intervals.
- A/C powered.
What Is The Difference Between Philips GoLITE BLU and NatureBright?
- The Philips GoLITE is smaller in size: 7.4 x 7.1 x 4.1. Its rechargeable battery makes it easy to carry and use anywhere around the home or office.
- NatureBright is larger: 13 inch H x 9 inch W x 6 inch and it requires to be plugged in to operate, making it less portable.
- Both offer the same 10,000 lux light power.
Type of Light:
- Philips GoLITE Blu uses LED lights, which are more efficient.
- NatureBright uses florescent lights.
- Recommended use for both devices is 20 to 30 minutes per day.
- The GoLITE does not have a built-in timer, but it features a light bar where each bar lights up when 10 minutes has passed, giving you an indication of time.
- The NatureBright has a built-in timer with 15, 30, 45 and 60 minute intervals.
- NatureBright has an optional ion therapy which is helpful with depression treatment. This option can be turned on or off.
Which One Is Best to Buy?
We recommend Philips GoLITE BLU for the following reasons:
- It is very small in size and easy to carry around where NatureBright is kind of bulky and not as comfortable to move.
- Efficient LED blue lights.
- Rechargeable battery makes it portable to use anywhere in your house or office.
See How They Work in Action:
Review of Philips GoLITE BLU: please note that the device in the video looks different than the one pictured above only because it’s an older model, it’s different in design but works the same.
Review of NatureBright SunTouch:
How To Use Light Therapy:
Is GoLITE or NatureBright Dangerous?
No, light therapy is absolutely safe. The lights are UV free and are safe on your eyes and skin.
How Many Lux are in Philips GoLITE?
Is GoLITE or NatureBright Effective for Sleep or Jet lags?
Yes, indeed it is. It works on programing your biological clock so you sleep better.
How Does the ion Therapy on NatureBright Works?
If you choose to turn it on, the device will emit some type of smell (the ions) which is known to be effective as a depression treatment. Many people found it to be unpleasant, so if you happened to dislike it, you can simply turn it off.
Do Light Boxes have to be directed to the face?
Yes, for light therapy to work, it has to light on your face. Otherwise, it wouldn’t be effective.
Is Light Box Therapy a good source of Vitamin D?
No, it is not. Light Box therapy works on resetting your body clock, keeping it in check. UV is required to produce Vitamin D (a.k.a natural sunlight is needed), and since these lights are UV-free for your own protection, it will not help produce Vitamin D.