Fitbit Flex vs Charge Activity Wristbands: What Is the Difference Between Them and Which Is Best?
So far, the famous Fitbit Flex has been limited to monitoring activity like steps and calories, sleep quality and active minutes. But Fitbit has now expanded the capability of their bracelets with their new release, the Fitbit Charge. In this post, we’ll talk about the difference between these two bracelets.
Fitbit Flex vs Charge, What Is The Difference?
Image Feature Tracks steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
Monitor how long and well you sleep
Wakes you (and not your partner) with a silent wake alarm
LED lights show how your day is stacking up against your goal
Slim, comfortable and easy to wear (sold with both large and small wristbands included)
Includes small and large wristbands
Title Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband, Black Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info Image Feature Accurately track all-day stats like steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, stairs climbed, and active minutes
See daily stats, time of day, and exercise mode with a bright OLED display
Monitor your sleep automatically and wake with a silent alarm
Get call notifications right on your wrist
Access real-time run stats like time, distance, and pace to stay on track
Sync stats wirelessly and automatically to your computer and over 120 leading smartphones
Title Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Large Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info
- You’ll notice that the Fitbit Charge has a slightly larger LED display that displays a clock as well as other notifications. On the Flex, you only see lights that notify you of your goal and how far you are from it.
Activity tracking and notifications:
- The Charge tracks: steps, calories, distance, active minutes, sleep activity and stairs climbed. It displays: Clock and Caller ID.
- The Flex tracks: Steps, calories, distance, active minutes and sleep activity. It has NO clock or called ID.
- Both bracelets transfer info wirelessly using Bluetooth.They can also sync via NFC with enabled devices.
- iOS and Android apps available for free.
Which Should I Buy? The Charge or Flex?
When it comes to the main purpose of the two wristbands, both of them offer the same main activity tracking. The Charge offers one extra (stair steps counting) and it gives you a clock and caller ID, which means you want wear it as a watch to. We think these two features can come quite handy:
- Whether you’re working out or simply going about your day, having a clock on your Fitbit Charge means you can let go of your watch and use the much-lighter wristband instead.
- Caller ID is perfect for those times when you’ve got both your hands full and your phone is ringing somewhere in your pocket, backpack or in another room.
Are these two features worth the upgrade? We certainly think so.
Fitbit Charge vs. Charge HR, What’s The Difference?
The Fitbit Charge HR gives you everything you get from the Charge tracker, but with an added benefit. In addition to tracking steps, calories burned, sleep activity, caller ID and watch, the Charge HR also continuously monitors your heart rate, without the need for a chest strap. This is quite helpful for anyone who wants to monitor the intensity of their workout, Charge HR gives you simplified heart rate zones so you can easily know if you’re reaching your workout goals.
Watch It In Action:
What Fitbit Accessories Are Available To Buy?
There are a few accessories available for your Flex or Charge band. Mostly replacement bands so you can enjoy extra colors that aren’t officially available, or band fasteners that give you a better fit around your wrist.
The WoCase bands for Fitbit Flex are sold in a set of 4 bands categorized by color themes. The set also includes 4 colored clasps. Click here to learn more and buy it.
The Friendly Swede Silicone Fitbit Flex band fastener is a pack of 12 silicone fasteners in 10 colors. These are great either for giving your band an extra snug fit around your wrist or simple to customize and add color to your band. Click here to learn more and buy it.
WoCase band fasteners for Fitbit Charge (also available for Flex). Sold in a set of 8 assorted colors. Click here to learn more and buy it.
- Activity Wristbands
- Air Purifiers
- Bed Mattresses
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Body Composition Monitors
- Electric Flossers
- Electric Shavers
- Electric Toothbrushes
- Facial Cleansing Systems
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Home and Office Health Gear
- IPL Hair Removal Systems
- Light Therapy Boxes
- Mattress Pads
- Medication Management
- Smart Sleep Monitors
- Ultrasonic Humidifiers
- WiFi Body Scales