Fitbit ONE: Your Questions Answered + Comparisons
Fitbit One is one of the smallest activity trackers out there, perfect for anyone who’s looking for all the benefits of an activity band but doesn’t want to wear one on their wrist. One is tiny in size, it clips anywhere on your clothes and it tracks and stores your data all day along without getting in your way.
Features of Fitbit One:
- Tracks steps, distance, calories burned and stairs climbed.
- Tracks sleep time and quality.
- Silent alarm (by vibration) wakes you up.
- Automatic data sync to your smartphone or computer via Bluetooth.
- Smartphone or web application allows you to set goals, view your progress, earn badges and compare your progress with friends.
Video Review of the Fitbit One:
Common Questions About the Fitbit One:
What’s Inside the Package of Fitbit One?
You’ll get the tracker, USB cord for charging and syncing, a clip that holds you tracker and a band that you can use at night for sleep monitoring.
How Do I Charge my Fitbit One?
By connecting it to your computer using the USB cord included.
How Does Fitbit One Track Sleep?
Once you’re ready to go to bed, wear the tracker on your wrist using the included band. You can activate sleep mode by holding a button on the tracker and you’ll see on the display that sleep mode has been activated. After that, the Fitbit one will start to detect when you’re falling asleep, when you’re in REM, how long you’ve slept for and how well you have slept. After syncing, all data will be available on your smartphone or computer for further analysis.
Can You Wear Fitbit One on Your Wrist?
Yes, you can. Although Fitbit One was made to be worn clipped on your clothes, there are accessories available that allow you to wear it on your wrist. Here are a few to consider:
Fitbit One vs. Flex, What’s The Difference?
- Style: Fitbit Flex is meant to be worn as a wrist band only and cannot be clipped. While the Fitbit One is mostly a clip-on tracker, but can also be worn as a wristband with a 3rd party accessory.
- Functions: For the most part, the Fitbit ONE and FLEX track the same things: steps, distance, calories and sleep. The Fitbit ONE can track floors climbed while the Flex doesn’t. Also, Flex doesn’t give you instant feedback on your data, it only shows you how far away you are in terms of reaching your goal, everything else you’ll have to check on your phone or computer. The Fitbit ONE has a display that shows you all your current data instantly, and it has a clock.
Fitbit One vs. Misfit Shine, What’s The Difference?
There’s quite a difference between these two trackers:
- Shine can track more activities than the Fitbit One, such as: steps, distance, calories, running, swimming and cycling.
- Shine can be worn as a clip or a band out of the box, you won’t have to buy an extra accessory.
- Shine does not require any type of charging, it runs on batteries that are replaceable every 6 months.
- Shine doesn’t have a display, instead it shows you how far along are you from your goal in the form of LED lights. The same lights can be used to tell time.
- Like the Fitbit ONE, Shine syncs your data wirelessly via Bluetooth, either to your phone or computer.
Fitbit One vs. UP MOVE by Jawbone:
- Up Move is a small clip-on tracker, just like the Fitbit One.
- It tracks steps, distance, calories burned and sleep quality.
- LED light indicator shows you how far along you are from your goal.
- Syncs data via Bluetooth.
- Uses coin battery that lasts up to 6 months.
Which One To Buy?
Here are your deciding factors that you need to consider:
What activities do you want to track?
- So far, all trackers mentioned above can track all basic activities like walking, steps, calories burned and sleeping. Only Misfit Shine has the ability to track swimming and cycling.
Do you need instant feedback on your activities?
- Do you need to see exactly how many steps you’ve taken or calories you’ve burned on the spot? Then Fitbit One is the right tracker for you as it’s the only one (from the trackers featured above) that has a display that give you instant updates on your activities. The others have LED lights that only indicate your goal status.
Battery life and charging:
- Fitbit trackers, One and Flex, both use rechargeable batteries. Their battery life is about 5 to 7 days, and it only takes an hour to fully charge.
- Misfit Shine and Jawbone MOVE don’t need to be rechargeable. They use replaceable batteries that should last up to 6 months.
How do you prefer to wear your tracker?
If you’d like the option of clip-on and wearing it on your wrist, then Fitbit One, Flex or Shine are to consider. The Jawbone Move can be only worn as a clip.
- Activity Wristbands
- Air Purifiers
- Bed Mattresses
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Body Composition Monitors
- Electric Flossers
- Electric Shavers
- Electric Toothbrushes
- Facial Cleansing Systems
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Home and Office Health Gear
- IPL Hair Removal Systems
- Light Therapy Boxes
- Mattress Pads
- Medication Management
- Smart Sleep Monitors
- Ultrasonic Humidifiers
- WiFi Body Scales