Garmin Vivofit vs. VivoSmart: What’s The Difference and Which Should You Buy?
In a previous post, we’ve talked about Garmin Vivofit and how it’s different than Polar Loop and Fitbit Charge. This time, we’ll be comparing it to another version, the Garmin VivoSmart. Let’s see what’ the difference between them and if its worth paying the extra bucks.
Garmin Vivofit vs. VivoSmart, What’s The Difference?
Image Title Garmin Vivofit Fitness Band - Black Garmin Vivosmart - Black (Large) Feature Move Bar - Motivates you to be active throughout the day by displaying a red move bar after one hour of inactivity. Additional segments light up for every 15 minutes of inactivity. Just walk for a couple of minutes to reset.
24/7 Wearable - Stylish, comfortable and water resistant2 wristband that is always on and ready to go.
Long battery life - Stays on for more than a year without having to change the battery. Easy-to-read display - View the time of day and your stats right on your wrist.
Achieve your goals - Vivofit learns your activity level and assigns a personalized goal each morning. Count calories - Records calories burned throughout the day including base metabolic rate.
Monitor your sleep - Set the sleep mode when you go to bed to track the quality of your rest.
SMART NOTIFICATIONS - Monitor calls, texts, meetings, emails and other notifications with vibration alerts so you don't miss a beat
SLEEK TOUCHSCREEN BAND - Double tap to reveal the hidden OLED touchscreen and swipe to navigate pages
VIBRATION ALERTS - vivosmart lets you know when you have calls, texts, emails, meetings, or if you just need to walk, with a vibration alert.
SENSOR COMPATIBILITY - Get more out of vivosmart - pair it with a heart rate monitor1, bike speed sensor or VIRB Elite action camera2
AUTO SYNC - vivosmart automatically syncs with mobile devices at strategic times throughout the day, such as when a goal is met or when several steps have been taken since the last sync.
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
- Vivofit tracks daily activities, calories burned, sleep pattern and offers personalized daily goals.
- VivoSmart features all of the above, and additionally: it gives you text, email, call alerts and other smart notifications with vibration alerts. It also enables you to control music on your phone. It also displays time and date.
- Vivofit features a regular 1″ screen for progress display.
- VivoSmart features a hidden touch screen OLED display. Double tap for the screen to appear, swipe to navigate features.
- Vivofit runs on a watch battery that lasts over one year.
- VivoSmart runs on rechargeable battery, lasts about a week.
Which Should You Buy, Garmin Vivofit or Vivosmart?
There’s quite a difference between the two, honestly. And if you know what you want, the choice should be easier for you:
- The Vivosmart is a lot more than an activity wristband. It’s a smart wristband that offers a lot more: alerts on calls, emails, text messages, calendars. It gives you the ability to control music, it also allows you to track your phone or alerts you if you’ve stepped away from it. It offers vibration alarms either for those notifications or for waking you up. And the fact that it displays both time and date, it means it’s the one thing you’ll need to wear.
- On the other hand, the Vivofit is mainly an activity tracker, and it’s pretty good at it.
If it’s only activity tracking you’re looking for, then you’ll be saving yourself a lot of money by opting for the Vivofit. But if you’re looking for an overall ‘Smart’ experience, the Vivosmart will be worth your dollars.
- Activity Wristbands
- Air Purifiers
- Bed Mattresses
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Body Composition Monitors
- Electric Flossers
- Electric Shavers
- Electric Toothbrushes
- Facial Cleansing Systems
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Home and Office Health Gear
- IPL Hair Removal Systems
- Light Therapy Boxes
- Mattress Pads
- Medication Management
- Smart Sleep Monitors
- Ultrasonic Humidifiers
- WiFi Body Scales