In a previous post, we’ve talked about Garmin Vivofit and how it’s different than Polar Loop and Fitbit Charge. This time, we’ll be comparing it to another version, the Garmin VivoSmart. Let’s see what’ the difference between them and if its worth paying the extra bucks.
Garmin Vivofit vs. VivoSmart, What’s The Difference?
- Vivofit tracks daily activities, calories burned, sleep pattern and offers personalized daily goals.
- VivoSmart features all of the above, and additionally: it gives you text, email, call alerts and other smart notifications with vibration alerts. It also enables you to control music on your phone. It also displays time and date.
- Vivofit features a regular 1″ screen for progress display.
- VivoSmart features a hidden touch screen OLED display. Double tap for the screen to appear, swipe to navigate features.
- Vivofit runs on a watch battery that lasts over one year.
- VivoSmart runs on rechargeable battery, lasts about a week.
Which Should You Buy, Garmin Vivofit or Vivosmart?
There’s quite a difference between the two, honestly. And if you know what you want, the choice should be easier for you:
- The Vivosmart is a lot more than an activity wristband. It’s a smart wristband that offers a lot more: alerts on calls, emails, text messages, calendars. It gives you the ability to control music, it also allows you to track your phone or alerts you if you’ve stepped away from it. It offers vibration alarms either for those notifications or for waking you up. And the fact that it displays both time and date, it means it’s the one thing you’ll need to wear.
- On the other hand, the Vivofit is mainly an activity tracker, and it’s pretty good at it.
If it’s only activity tracking you’re looking for, then you’ll be saving yourself a lot of money by opting for the Vivofit. But if you’re looking for an overall ‘Smart’ experience, the Vivosmart will be worth your dollars.