If you’ve ever woke up at night or couldn’t get through the day because of your airborne allergy, or if you have pets that cause your house to smell and you simply need fresher air around the house, then Germ Guardian’s air purifier is what you need.
GermGuardian 3-in-1 air purifiers work on purifying your surroundings from bacteria, germs and mold. It also captures 99.97% dust mites, plant pollens, pet dander and many more that normally cause airborne allergies.
In this post, we’ll be focusing on two of the most popular Germ Guardian Purifiers: AC4825 & AC5000. We’ll look at their features and learn what is the difference between them.
- 3-in-1 air cleaning system.
- True HEPA filteration captures 99.97% allergens including: plant pollens, pet dander, dust mites and more.
- UV-C Light works with filter to kill airborne bacteria, viruses and mold spores.
- Activated Carbon reduces odors from pets, cooking and smoke.
- Certified Energy efficient product
- Ultra Quiet operation
- Light indicators alert you when it’s time to replace filter or UV lights.
AC4825 vs. AC5000, What Is The Difference?
Like we previously mentioned, the AC4825 & AC5000 and the top selling GermGuardian air purifiers right now. As both are identical in looks, many wonder what’s the difference between the two models. Truth is, both are indeed identical, except for one details, and that is their size:
- The AC4825 stands at 22-inches tall and is suitable for small to medium rooms.
- The AC5000 stands at 28 inches tall and is suitable for rooms medium to large.
And that is the ONLY difference. Operation wise, both work the exact same way.
- Click here for customer reviews on the Germ Guardian AC4825
- Click here for customer reviews on the Germ Guardian AC5000
Watch An Unboxing and Video Review of the Germ Guardian AC5000:
GermGuardian Air Purifier Replacement Filters and UV Lights:
How Often Should The GermGuardian Filters & UV lights Be Replaced?
Like previously mentioned, both the AC4825 and AC5000 feature light indicators that let you know when you need to replace your filter (and UV light). It is recommended that you replace it every 6 to 8 months, possibly a bit longer.
The filters are widely available in store or online, see them on Amazon here. As indicated on the product description:
As for the UV-C light, they should last you around a year and can be easily replaced, too.
GermGuardian vs. PureGuardian: What Is The Difference?
Although they have similar names, Germ Guardian and Pure Guardian are NOT similar products. Germ Guardian is a 3-in-1 device that purifies air, kills bacteria and viruses and reduces odors around the house. On the other hand, Pure Guardian is an ultrasonic humidifier that allows you to select between warm or cool mist. The particular model pictured here is the PureGuardian H1510 and it does the following:
- Adjustable and multi-directional mist control.
- Ability to increase area coverage.
- 1.5 gallon water tank with refill indicator.
- Provides up to 100hrs of run time.
- Tank is resistant to mold and mildew.
An air humidifier like PureGuardian is normally used in dry air areas to relief symptoms of allergies, cold/flu or dry skin. It does not work on killing germs associates with these issues like the GermGuardian does, and it does not absorb odors associated with pets or cooking. A humidifier does not require filters or pads to work, it simply turns water into mist to cool the air around you.