MIO Alpha vs. Polar FT7 vs. TomTom Cardio: Which Is The Best Choice For You?
Now we’ve compared two MIO’s strapless hart rates monitors to each other, it’s time to compare MIO to other brands. We will be comparing MIO Alpha to Polar FT7 and TomTom Cardio.
MIO Alpha vs. Polar FT7:
Image Title Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor, Blue/Lilac MIO Alpha I Strapless Continuous Heart Rate Monitor, Black/Black Feature Continuous, accurate heart rate provides clear workout guidance
Energy Pointer feature tells you if the main effect of your training is fitness improvement or fat burning
Smart Calorie feature uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
Includes heart rate chest strap made of soft fabric material that adapts to your body shape; Requires and includes chest strap for accurate heart rate
User replaceable battery, water resistant (30m), plus connects with compatible gym equipment using GymLink
Performance sports watch with continuous, precision heart rate monitoring
No chest strap required!
Suitable for running, cycling, and other intense workouts
Connects to Bluetooth Smart (4.0) devices
Battery life of 20+ hours of heart rate monitoring, and several months in watch mode
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
The major difference between these two heart rate monitors is:
- MIO Alpha is a Strapless heart rate monitor, it gives you an accurate reading right from your wrist.
- The Polar FT7 requires you to wear a strap around your chest to be able to measure your heart rate.
Other advanced features MIO Alpha has over Polar FT7:
- Bluetooth connectivity allows you to easily transmit your data wirelessly and connect to different fitness apps.
- Features a rechargeable battery which lasts over 20+ hrs.
- It connects to some compatible sporting devices to give you direct readings of your activity.
- Gives you full review of your workout session when you’re done.
While the MIO Alpha is a more advanced choice and does have a lot of cool features over the Polar FT7, first it being strapless, it does cost around double the price of the Polar. With that in mind, it is a much better choice for you as it’ll serve you more as you advance in your workouts and require more analysis of your progress.
MIO Alpha vs. TomTom Cardio:
|Feature||Integrated Heart Rate Monitor|
Graphical Training Partner helps you train more effectively with full-screen graphics and three unique training modes.
One-Button Control allows you to easily navigate through menus.
Extra Large Display
Quick GPS Fix Technology helps you get out on your run faster.
|Strapless continuous heart rate monitor|
Continuous heart rate display
User settable heart rate zones with visual and audible alerts
Data review (total exercise time; average heart rate; time "in zone")
|Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
|Link||More Info||More Info|
Both of these heart rate monitors are strapless, so it brings them to the same level of competition. However, the TomTom Cardio does have a few more features than the Alpha:
- It features GPS, which is perfect for runners.
- Extra large display.
- Vibration alerts let you know when you’ve reached your goals.
- Up to 50 Meters water resistance.
- Gives you helpful guides on your workouts: race yourself against past performance, see results in real time, self challenges and interval trainings.
On the downside:
- The TomTom Cardio battery only lasts 8 hrs vs. over 20+ hrs on the Alpha
- Activity Wristbands
- Air Purifiers
- Bed Mattresses
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Body Composition Monitors
- Electric Flossers
- Electric Shavers
- Electric Toothbrushes
- Facial Cleansing Systems
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Home and Office Health Gear
- IPL Hair Removal Systems
- Light Therapy Boxes
- Mattress Pads
- Medication Management
- Smart Sleep Monitors
- Ultrasonic Humidifiers
- WiFi Body Scales