Now we’ve compared two MIO’s strapless hart rates monitors to each other, it’s time to compare MIO to other brands. We will be comparing MIO Alpha to Polar FT7 and TomTom Cardio.
MIO Alpha vs. Polar FT7:
The major difference between these two heart rate monitors is:
- MIO Alpha is a Strapless heart rate monitor, it gives you an accurate reading right from your wrist.
- The Polar FT7 requires you to wear a strap around your chest to be able to measure your heart rate.
Other advanced features MIO Alpha has over Polar FT7:
- Bluetooth connectivity allows you to easily transmit your data wirelessly and connect to different fitness apps.
- Features a rechargeable battery which lasts over 20+ hrs.
- It connects to some compatible sporting devices to give you direct readings of your activity.
- Gives you full review of your workout session when you’re done.
While the MIO Alpha is a more advanced choice and does have a lot of cool features over the Polar FT7, first it being strapless, it does cost around double the price of the Polar. With that in mind, it is a much better choice for you as it’ll serve you more as you advance in your workouts and require more analysis of your progress.
MIO Alpha vs. TomTom Cardio:
Both of these heart rate monitors are strapless, so it brings them to the same level of competition. However, the TomTom Cardio does have a few more features than the Alpha:
- It features GPS, which is perfect for runners.
- Extra large display.
- Vibration alerts let you know when you’ve reached your goals.
- Up to 50 Meters water resistance.
- Gives you helpful guides on your workouts: race yourself against past performance, see results in real time, self challenges and interval trainings.
On the downside:
- The TomTom Cardio battery only lasts 8 hrs vs. over 20+ hrs on the Alpha