Oral-B 5000 Professional SmartSeries vs. Deep Sweep: What’s The Difference?
Got your mind settled on the Oral-B 5000? Great choice! But, you’ve most probably got one more decision to make. If you’ve been looking around, you’ve probably noticed that there are more than one Oral-B 5000 models available. Not sure which one to pick? We’ll help you out! Actually the difference between them isn’t huge so the decision should be hard.
Features of the Oral-B 5000:
- 3D cleaning action, the brush pulsates and rotates to remove %100 more plaque than manual brushing.
- 5 customizable brushing modes: Daily Clean, Deep Clean, Sensitive, Whitening and Massage.
- Smart Guide timer: a wireless device that communicates with your brush to guide you with your brushing. It shows you when section to brush and for how long.
- Pressure sensor lights up when you’re brushing too hard.
- Compatible with all Oral-B replacement brush heads, available for every dental need.
- Battery should last up to 10 days with daily 2 minute use, twice a day.
- Includes a travel case and a stand that holds up to 4 brush heads.
So What’s The Difference Between The Pro SmartSeries and the Deep Sweep?
If you spot Oral-B 5000 with an additional name added to it, this name most likely refers to the type of brush head included with the Oral-B 5000. For example, the Oral-B 5000 Deep Sweep includes the Deep Sweep Brush head. The Oral-B 5000 Pro, includes the CrossAction brush head… but the actual brush handle is exactly the same.
Image Title Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries with Bluetooth Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush Oral-B Professional Deep Sweep + Smartguide Triaction 5000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush 1 Count Feature The world's first toothbrush of its kind with Bluetooth communication between brush and smartphone
Real-time feedback with the Oral-B app focuses brushing on your most important areas, tracks habits over time, motivates with helpful oral care tips, and senses when you brush too hard
CrossAction round brush head with perfectly angled bristles for a precise clean
Clinically proven superior 3D cleaning oscillates, rotates and pulsates to break up and remove up to 100% more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush
#1 Dentist Used Toothbrush Brand, Worldwide: Oral-B (data on file)
#1 Dentist Recommended Toothbrush Brand Worldwide Oral-B.
Deep Sweep combines the familiar brushing motion of a manual toothbrush with triple-action, deep cleaning technology.
3D cleaning (pulsates and sweeps back and forth) to remove up to 100% more plaque than an ordinary manual toothbrush.
Removes up to 76% more plaque than Sonicare FlexCare and features 50% more direction changes than sonic technology for better plaque removal.
Rechargeable with 5 customized cleaning modes: Daily Clean, Sensitive, Whitening, Deep Clean and Massage.
Visible pressure sensor lights up if you are pressing too hard, timer indicates dentist-recommended brushing time of 2 minutes.
Includes a SmartGuide for personalized oral care coaching.
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
Here’s the exact difference between the two models:
The Brush Heads:
The Oral B 5000 Deep Sweep includes the Deep Sweep brush head which has 3 cleaning zones: moving tip for hard to reach back teeth, short non-moving bristles for surface cleaning and longer sweeping bristles for sweeping between the teeth.
The Oral-B 5000 SmartSeries has Bluetooth connectivity. It can connect to your smartphone or tablet to give you real time feedback on your brushing. This is in addition to the Smart Guide timer which both models have.
Which One Should You Buy?
As we’ve already mentioned, essentially, both toothbrushes are the same. Which one to choose depends on your dental needs:
- The Deep Sweep Brush is the closest thing to a traditional brush, but it’s much more powerful in cleaning.
- The CrossAction brush, as it’s round and smaller in size, it can give you a tooth-by-tooth cleaning experience that the Deep Sweep doesn’t offer.
- Decide whether or not the Bluetooth feature could be helpful to you. If you think it isn’t necessary, then you could buy the Oral B Deep Sweep for less and use the difference in price to add extra brush heads to extend your cleaning experience.
More Info on the Oral-B 5000:
Watch It In Action:
See how the Oral-B 5000 with SmartGuide works:
How The Bluetooth SmartSeries Works:
- Activity Wristbands
- Air Purifiers
- Bed Mattresses
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Body Composition Monitors
- Electric Flossers
- Electric Shavers
- Electric Toothbrushes
- Facial Cleansing Systems
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Home and Office Health Gear
- IPL Hair Removal Systems
- Light Therapy Boxes
- Mattress Pads
- Medication Management
- Smart Sleep Monitors
- Ultrasonic Humidifiers
- WiFi Body Scales