Philips Health Watch vs. Fitbit Blaze, Which One Should You Buy?
Philips has always been a leader when it comes to health appliances and gadgets. But for a while now, Fitbit has been leading the Activity Tracking game with its many models. So, in this post, we’re looking at the difference between Fitbit vs. Philips Health Watch.
First, let’s look at the features of the Philips Health Watch:
- Activity monitor with continuous heart rate monitoring.
- Monitors activity, heart rate and sleep quality.
- Clinically validated measurements and algorithms. (* Based on the clinical study registered under the NTR number NTR5552 dated 19 October 2015)
- Automatically recognizes the activity you’re doing and starts tracking it (running, biking, walking…)
- Automatically syncs and transfers your data to the Philips Health App (iOS and Android compatible).
- Philips health app gives you personalized guidance, shows you your daily goals for steps and calories burned, gives you insights of your sleep pattern and more.
- Battery life: up to 4 days.
- Water resistant up to 1 ATM
- Fast charging, gives you about 70% of battery in about 30 minutes.
To make this comparison as fair as possible, we’re comparing the Philips Health Watch to the Fitbit Blaze as it’s the closest thing to it in terms of features and price.
Features of the Fitbit Blaze Watch:
- Automatic activity recognition.
- Continuous heart rate monitoring.
- Connected GPS traces your running or walking routes and shows you maps on your phone for later reference.
- Automatically syncs and connects to your iOS or Android device.
- Compatible with up to 200 fitness apps available on App Store or Google Play.
- Automatic sleep monitoring.
- Receives and displays phone notification like texts, emails, calls and calendar alerts.
- Allows you to control music on your phone.
- Battery life up to 5 days.
- Swap between different watch faces.
- Choose from many band colors.
- Can be customized with additional bands and frames (sold separately).
What Is the Difference Between the Philips Health Watch and Fitbit Blaze?
Image Title Philips Connected Health Watch, Black Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch, Black, Silver, Large Feature Clinically validated measurements and algorithms
Continuous health tracking: monitors activity, heart rate, and sleep
Automatic activity recognition and tracking for walking, running and biking
Get personalized guidance and advice with the Philips health suite health app
Up to 4 days of battery life. Fast charge enables approx. 70% charge in 30 min
Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes
Get PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring with no uncomfortable chest straps
See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts
Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more
Effortlessly and automatically record workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
Enable Connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
At their core, both the Philips Health Watch and Fitbit Blaze offer the same activity tracking that helps you improve your daily lifestyle choices. You’ll get information on your steps, calories burned, workouts, sleeping and more. However, for less the price, the Fitbit Blaze offers more features that gives it a better value than the Philips Health Watch.
The Fitbit Blaze has these following features that the Philips Health Watch DOES NOT have:
- It shows you notifications from your phone like calls, text messages, emails, calendars.
- It allows you to control music on your phone.
- It is compatible with 200 fitness apps already available for iOS and Android, as well as the Fitbit app.
- It has built-in GPS to save your running or walking routes on a map.
- It is customizable with swappable watch faces and bands and frames that can be purchased separately.
Which One Is Best to Buy?
We believe that the Fitbit Blaze offers a lot for the money, especially in comparison to the Philips Health Watch. Whether you’re a beginner or an athlete, trying to lose weight or simply want to maintain a healthier lifestyle, you’ll be getting a much better experience using the Fitbit Blaze.
However, it is worth mentioning that the Philips Health Watch is a part of complete health solution that includes a smart connected scale and a smart connected blood pressure monitor, which all connect to the same Philips Health Suite app to give you a full insight on your overall health.
Yet, we still believe that the Fitbit Blaze has the best value for its price and for us, it’s the clear winner.
Watch Video Reviews:
Fitbit Blaze Review:
Philips Health Watch Review:
- Activity Wristbands
- Air Purifiers
- Bed Mattresses
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Body Composition Monitors
- Electric Flossers
- Electric Shavers
- Electric Toothbrushes
- Facial Cleansing Systems
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Home and Office Health Gear
- IPL Hair Removal Systems
- Light Therapy Boxes
- Mattress Pads
- Medication Management
- Smart Sleep Monitors
- Ultrasonic Humidifiers
- WiFi Body Scales