Philips Sonicare Flexcare Plus vs. Platinum, What’s The Difference and Which To Buy?
In this post, we’ll compare two popular Philips Sonicare FlexCare toothbrushes, the HX6921/30 Flexcare Plus vs. HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum.
the Sonicare FlexCare electric toothbrush line offers a wide range of dental health products that are by far the highest rated on the market. These toothbrushes offer superior features and qualities that neither a traditional nor an electric toothbrush from another brand can offer. But before we get into the difference between these two toothbrushes, let’s have a look at the basic feature that both have:
- Patented Sonic technology that offers 31,000 brush strokes per minute.
- Reduces gum problems (bleeding and inflammation) in two weeks.
- Helps prevent gum recession.
- Removes plaque from on and between teeth.
- 2-minute timer – the suggested brushing time.
- 3 weeks of use before having to recharge again.
The Difference Between the FlexCare Plus vs. FlexCare Platinum:
Image Feature Patented sonic technology delivers 31,000 brush strokes per minute
Offers 5 modes; Including gum care mode to gum healthy in only 2 weeks
Reduces gum inflammation and bleeding in only 2 weeks, and helps prevent gum recession
Includes proresults standard contoured brush head to remove plaque along the gum line
Removes up to 2X more plaque than a manual toothbrush
Patented sonic technology delivers 31,000 brush strokes per minute
Includes Sonicare intercare brush heads to remove up to 7x more plaque between teeth than a manual toothbrush
Helps prevent gingivitis and gum recession
3 modes combine with 3 personalized intensity levels to adapt to your brushing needs
Built-in pressure sensor alerts you when brushing to hard
Title Philips Sonicare HX6921/30 Flexcare Plus Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush Philips Sonicare HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
Basically, the difference lies in these features:
- Number of available modes.: the FlexCare PLUS features 5 modes: Clean, Gum Care, Refresh Sensitive and Massage. the FlexCare PLATINUM features 3 modes: Clean, White and Gum Care and these modes can each be further personalized with 3 intensity levels.
- Power to remove plaque: FlexCare PLUS removes up to 2x plaque than regular toothbrush, while the FlexCare PLATINUM removes up to 7x plaque.
- Pressure sensor: the FlexCare PLATINUM includes a built-in pressure sensor that lets you know if you’re brushing too hard.
- What’s Included in the box:
1 flexcare plus handle, 1 standard proresults standard brush head, 1 hygienic travel cap, 1 deluxe charger with cord wrap and brush head storage, and 1 travel case.
1 Sonicare toothbrush handle , 2 Intercase brush heads (Standard) , 1 Deluxe charger with cord wrap and brush head storage, 2 hygienic travel caps and 1 travel case .
Which Should You Buy?
There’s a slight price difference between these two brushes, so choosing which to buy will have to rely on features. The Sonicare FlexCare PLATINUM will certainly give you more bang for your buck. However, if you’re on a strict budget and $10 t0 $2o will make a difference to you, the FlexCare PLUS would be a great choice as well.
Need another suggestion? See our review and comparison of the new Sonicare DiamondClean vs. the Flexcare Platinum here.
FlexCare Plus vs. Healthywhite, What’s The Difference?
Overall, the Philips Sonicare Healthywhite has less features than the FlexCare Plus:
- It has only 3 cleaning modes: Clean, Sensitive, Clean and White.
- Like the FlexCare, it removes 2x of plaque and delivers 31,000 brush strokes per minute.
- It’s key benefit is its ability to whiten teeth up to 2 shades in 2 weeks. But it does not provide overall gum care like the FlexPlus does.
Sonicare HealthyWhite: HX6731/02 vs. HX6711/02 vs. HX6731/34
In case you’ve settled on the Healthywhite, you’ll find the three models named above, which should you choose?
HX6711/02 is the oldest version of Healthywhite and it only has 2 cleaning modes: Clean and Clean/white.
HX6731/02 is the one mentioned above and it’s the latest model, it features 3 cleaning modes.
Last is HX6731/34 and this one is a special pack that includes a few bonuses:
- It includes 1 DiamondClean brush head, 1 Philips Sonicare whitening pen, 1 Pronamel gentle whitening toothpaste.
- Using the DiamondClean brush head allows you to remove up to 7x more plaque than manual brushing.
Sonicare FlexCare Plus vs Oral B 5000: What Is The Difference?
We’ve talked about Oral-B 5000 in details in another post which you can read by clicking here. How does it compare to the Sonicare FlexCare Plus?
- Like the FlexCare, the Oral-B 5000 has 5 cleaning modes: Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, and Deep Clean. However, the Oral-B 5000 is far more advanced:
- It is Bluetooth powered and comes with a companion app to help you analyze your cleaning using your smartphone or tablet in real time.
- The features 3D cleaning power, the brush oscillates, rotates, and pulsates to break up and remove up to 100% more plaque.
- It has a pressure sensor.
- It is compatible with all Oral-B brush heads.
- Like the FlexPlus, it gives you whiter polished teeth within 2 weeks.
- Activity Wristbands
- Air Purifiers
- Bed Mattresses
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Body Composition Monitors
- Electric Flossers
- Electric Shavers
- Electric Toothbrushes
- Facial Cleansing Systems
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Home and Office Health Gear
- IPL Hair Removal Systems
- Light Therapy Boxes
- Mattress Pads
- Medication Management
- Smart Sleep Monitors
- Ultrasonic Humidifiers
- WiFi Body Scales