Polar Loop vs. Fitbit Charge vs. Garmin Vivofit: Which of These Is Best For You?
Polar Loop vs. Fitbit Charge, What’s The Difference?
Image Title Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Large Polar Loop Activity Tracker Feature Accurately track all-day stats like steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, stairs climbed, and active minutes
See daily stats, time of day, and exercise mode with a bright OLED display
Monitor your sleep automatically and wake with a silent alarm
Get call notifications right on your wrist
Access real-time run stats like time, distance, and pace to stay on track
Sync stats wirelessly and automatically to your computer and over 120 leading smartphones
Worn on your wrist, tracks your activity 24/7 and provides guidance and motivation to reach your activity goals
Shows daily activity, calories burned, steps taken, time of day and activity feedback on 85 LED display; Plus monitors sleep patterns
Automatically syncs to free Polar Flow app and training community via Bluetooth Smart. For best results use updated Flow app version 1.0.1. Refer the user manual for product help and support.
Custom fit bracelet is waterproof for swimming and has rechargeable battery; Battery life 5 days in continuous use
Provides accurate heart rate with Polar H6 or H7 Bluetooth Smart heart rate sensor accessory (not included, sold separately)
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
These two activity tracking bands do have similar features, but they’re not entirely the same.
- Both the Polar Loop and Fitbit Charge track your daily activities, steps, calories burned and display time on their LED displays.
- They connect wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet, transfer your data and give you details of your activities on free apps, compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
- The Fitbit Charge also features a caller ID, it tracks your sleep quality and offers silent alarms that wake you up at optimal times or for alerts.
- The Polar Loop can measure sleeping patterns, but it does not feature vibrating alarms. It also has the ability to monitor your heart rate, but you’ll have to purchase a chest strap separately.
Average Battery Life:
- Fitbit Charge: 7 to 10 days.
- Polar Loop: 5 days
Which Should You Buy, Fitbit Charge or Polar Loop?
We’ll recommend the Fitbit Charge over Polar’s Loop for two reasons:
- its longer battery life.
- its silent vibrating alarms.
Although the caller ID is also nice, i might not be as necessary to many people as those two features.
The Polar Loop has the great feature of being able to monitor heart rate as well, but the fact that it needs a chest strap (which is sold separately) makes it less appealing.
How Is The Garmin Vivofit Different Than Polar Loop and Fitbit Charge?
The Garmin Vivofit does share the same basic features of both the Polar Loop and Fitbit Charge, it tracks daily activities, calories and sleep patterns. It displays time, and it connects your any device for further activity analysis. However, it has some really cool features that other wristbands don’t have:
- It has an impressive 1+ year battery life. Instead of rechargeable batteries, it uses 2 small watch batteries.
- It learns your daily activities and assigns you a personalized daily goal based on them.
- It features a Move Bar which is displayed in Red on the display after 1 hours of inactivity. An additional segment lights up for every 15 minutes of inactivity. Walking for a few minutes will rest them. This motivates you to keep moving.
- It has the ability to monitor heart rate with an additional chest strap that is sold separately.
Should You Buy The Garmin Vivofit?
Vivofit’s 1+ year battery life makes it a winner for many people who often forget to charge their wristbands or are disappointed with the battery life of other brands. The fact that it is able to provide personalized daily goals based on your activities for that day is quite nice, too. However, it still lacks Fitbit’s Caller ID and silent alarms. If these are two features you can do without, then the Vivofit should be a great choice for you.
- Activity Wristbands
- Air Purifiers
- Bed Mattresses
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Body Composition Monitors
- Electric Flossers
- Electric Shavers
- Electric Toothbrushes
- Facial Cleansing Systems
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Home and Office Health Gear
- IPL Hair Removal Systems
- Light Therapy Boxes
- Mattress Pads
- Medication Management
- Smart Sleep Monitors
- Ultrasonic Humidifiers
- WiFi Body Scales