Ultimate Activity Tracker Buying Guide: Choose The Best Tracker Based On Your Activity
Need an activity and fitness tracker suited for a specific sport or activity? It’s only right you know if the activity tracker you’re about to purchase can track the sport or activity you do the most. So here, we will list the best choice for trackers categorized by activity.
In This Post [Click to Jump To The Section You Want to Read]
- Activity Trackers for Running and Cycling.
- Activity Trackers for Swimming.
- Activity Trackers for Weightlifting.
- Activity Trackers for Indoor Cycling.
- Best Activity Tracker for Seniors.
- Best Activity Tracker for Large Wrists.
- Video Reviews.
Best Activity Tracker for Running and Cycling:
Running and cycling are outdoor activities that require advanced trackers. The best trackers for this type of sports are trackers that are equipped with GPS, so not only you’ll be able to track your movements, but you’ll also be able to review the route you’ve been through, the distance and the pace. Here are our choices for running and cycling:
- GPS tracking shows you your travelled distance, pace, elevation climbed and routes.
- Automatic sport recognition: running, cycling, swimming… etc.
- Built-in heart rate monitor with continuous monitoring and simplified heart rate zones.
- Track other activities like steps, climbed stairs, calories burned, sleep monitoring and more.
- Displays smart notifications from your phone like text, email, phone calls.
- Displays time.
- Syncs automatically with Fitbit smartphone app as well as other 150 fitness apps.
- Battery life: requires recharging after 5 to 7 days.
Garmin Forerunner 220:
- GPS tracking: distance, pace and route tracking.
- Colored high resolution display.
- Optional heart rate monitoring. A chest strap is needed for this feature.
- Syncs automatically with Garmin Connect app.
- Set up alerts to keep in in your range for pace, run/walk intervals or hear rate.
Best Activity Tracker for Swimming:
Garmin Swim Watch:
- Made specifically for swimming.
- Tracks and records swim distance, pace, stroke counts and pool length.
- Log drills, start timed intervals with a press of a button.
- Offers personal reminders of your goals, displays weekly summary of achieved goals.
- Upload your data to Garmin Connect via your computer to analyze your progress.
Misfit Shine Speedo Swim:
- Features advanced proprietary lap counting algorithm that tracks counts with leading accuracy.
- Works for all stroke types.
- Tracks laps, swim distance, calories burned.
- Outside of pool, it tracks walking, running, cycling as well as sleep monitoring.
- Waterproof to 50 Meters.
- Automatic data sync to the Misfit Shine smartphone app.
Best Activity Tracker for Weightlifting:
PUSH is the first activity band that doesn’t track steps, calories or sleeping quality. It is made only for the purpose of measuring strength. Instead, PUSH helps calibrate the intensity of your training. It will tell you how much weight to use and how many reps to perform in order to achieve your goal.
You can learn more about PUSH band by visiting the website here. http://www.trainwithpush.com/push-band/
Best Tracker for Indoor Cycling:
We’re recommending the Fitbit Surge again for the purpose of Indoor Cycling. With Indoor cycling, you still need to monitor the same metrics as outside cycling, except for GPS. The Surge is excellent for keeping track of your heart rate, which zone you’re at, how many calories you’ve burned and the distance you’ve taken. The best part about Surge is that it doesn’t need a chest strap for heart rate monitoring, it has a built-in tracker that measure your HR through your wrist.
Best Activity Tracker for Older Adults/Seniors:
We recommend the Fitbit One for older adults/seniors for one reason: it is one of the least complicated fitness trackers out there.
The small tracker clips on your clothes, so you don’t even feel it’s there. It tracks:
- Steps taken.
- Distance traveled
- calories burned.
- Floors climbed.
It has a small screen that allows you to display your steps count and other info instantly. It has a battery life of about 2 weeks, so no worries about recharging it often. You can use the app to set your daily goals and see visual data of your daily activities.
Best Activity Tracker For Large Wrists:
Fitbit Charge HR:
- The Fitbit Charge HR is available in 3 sizes: Small, Large and X-Large which fits wrists 7.7 inch to 8.7 inch, making it the best band for large wrists.
- It is great for tracking daily activities as well as some advanced exercises.
- It tracks steps, calories, distance, stairs climbed and sleep quality.
- Built in heart rate monitor.
- Screen displays phone notifications, caller ID as well as feedback on your activity stats.
Fitbit Surge Review:
Garmin Forerunner 220 Review:
Garmin Swim Review:
Fitbit One Review:
- Activity Wristbands
- Air Purifiers
- Bed Mattresses
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Body Composition Monitors
- Electric Flossers
- Electric Shavers
- Electric Toothbrushes
- Facial Cleansing Systems
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Home and Office Health Gear
- IPL Hair Removal Systems
- Light Therapy Boxes
- Mattress Pads
- Medication Management
- Smart Sleep Monitors
- Ultrasonic Humidifiers
- WiFi Body Scales