Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser vs. Sonicare Airfloss: Which Is Best For You?
Torn between a water flosser and an electric air flosser? In this post, we’ll be looking at the difference between two best-selling flossers: the Waterpik Water Flosser vs. Sonicare Airfloss. Before we compare them, let’s have a look at the main features of each unit.
Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser Features:
- Uses a combination of water pressure and pulsations to clean deeply between the teeth.
- Effectively removes up to 99% of plaque.
- Helps improve gum health in just 14 days.
- Up to 50% more effective in improving gum health than thread floss.
- On/Off switch on the handle, to control water pressure.
- Easy to use pressure control.
- One minute timer + 30 seconds pacer, lets you know when you’re done flossing for the required time.
- Includes the following tips:
- 3 Classic Jet Tips
- 1 Plaque Seeker Tip
- 1 Orthodontic Tip
- 1 Pik Pocket Tip
- 1 Toothbrush Tip
Sonicare Airfloss Rechargeable Electric Flosser Features:
- Uses rapid bursts of air and micro droplets to clean between teeth.
- Removes 5x more plaque than regular flossing.
- Slim, angled nozzle – easy to reach back teeth.
- Easy to fill reservoir holds water or mouthwash for extra freshness and added oral health benefits.
- Rechargeable battery, works for 2 weeks before needing to recharge.
What Is The Difference Between The Waterpik Water Floss and Sonicare Airfloss?
There’s actually quite a difference between the two products. For starters, both use totally different methods to approach the issue of plaque and its removal:
- The Waterpik uses water to push out any food residue or plaque from the teeth. It also uses pulsation to massage the gums.
- The Sonicare Airflosser uses bursts of air to do the same thing. You also have the option to add mouthwash which gives you added benefits.
The Waterpik water flosser unit is relatively larger than the Sonicare Airfloss, so it needs you to clear up some space in your bathroom to keep it. The water flosser itself is slim in design, but it connects its water reservoir, which also holds a storage space to keep all the included tips, it also holds the control knob for water pressure. On the other hand, the Sonicare Airfloss is quite similar to an electric toothbrush in size, it doesn’t take much space.
Which Is Best To Buy?
Which one to buy depends on what you need out of your electric flosser –
- The Waterpik Water Flosser not only flosses but also massages the gums. So you get two benefits in one unit. The fact that it includes many different tips, including a toothbrush tip, gives it a lot of value for the money. On the downside, it is relatively large in size and it’s not rechargeable, so it requires to remain plugged.
- The Sonicare Airfloss, on the other hand, is a smaller and more convenient unit. It takes less space and since it’s rechargeable, you can take it with you on the go. Also, unlike the Waterpik, it’s very quiet.
See Them In Action:
- Activity Wristbands
- Air Purifiers
- Bed Mattresses
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Body Composition Monitors
- Electric Flossers
- Electric Shavers
- Electric Toothbrushes
- Facial Cleansing Systems
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Home and Office Health Gear
- IPL Hair Removal Systems
- Light Therapy Boxes
- Mattress Pads
- Medication Management
- Smart Sleep Monitors
- Ultrasonic Humidifiers
- WiFi Body Scales