What Is The Best Oral B Electric Toothbrush For Sensitive Gums?
If you’re suffering from sensitive gums and you’re considering the switch to an electric toothbrush, then you’ve definitely made the right decision.
Why Is Using an Electric Toothbrush Good For Sensitive Gums?
When you’re brushing manually, you’re probably pressing or brushing too hard on your gums, and you don’t even realize it. That’s how you end up with bleeding gums.
An electric tooth brush has a Sensitive Mode which is very gentle on the gums. Even when you forget to set your toothbrush to Sensitive mode, it will automatically switch to Sensitive mode if you’re brushing too hard, so it saves your gums from potential damage.
Now of course, not all electric tooth brushes have this feature, and that’s what we’re here to talk about. We’ll be looking at the best Oral B electric toot brushes for sensitive gums.
Why Use an Oral B Electric Toothbrush?
There are many reasons we’ve picked Oral B as our favorite brand for electric toothbrushes:
- Wide variety of brush heads for different oral hygiene needs, with a special head brush for sensitive gums.
- The brush heads vary in design, from round brushes that clean tooth individually or more of a traditional brush head.
- The brush heads rotate and pulsate to give you the best cleaning experience.
- It is more affordable, making it an accessible choice for many people.
Which Oral B Electric Toothbrush To Choose For Sensitive Gums?
Oral B 3000:
- Has 3 cleaning modes: daily, sensitive and whitening.
- Pressure sensor stops pulsating when you’re pressing too hard.
- On-hand timer buzzes every 30-seconds to let you know which quadrant of your mouth to brush.
- Removes up to 97% of plaque.
Cons: This model doesn’t have any indication of what mode the toothbrush is operating on.
The on-hand timer is not as good as the newer model’s smart guide which gives you a visual timer that also works as a clock.
Oral B 5000:
- 5 cleaning modes: Daily, Gum Care which massages the gums, Sensitive which rotates the brush gently, Whitening and Deep Cleaning.
- Breaks up to 100% of plaque on teeth.
- Includes CrossAction brush head that offers 3D cleaning.
- Bluetooth enabled connects to your smart phone to give you real time feedback on how you’re brushing your teeth.
- Includes a travel case.
Cons: Having to use an app on your smartphone or tablet to review the quality of your brushing could get annoying after a while. While it is not necessary, it is helpful to know how well you’re brushing.
Oral B 7000:
- 6 Cleaning Modes: Daily, Deep Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening and Tongue Cleaner.
- Bluetooth connectivity, can be connected to a smartphone or tablet to view your cleaning process.
- Also includes Smart Guide, which is a timer and a clock that wirelessly connects to the toothbrush (without bluetooth).
- Smart Guide also shows you what mode you’re operating.
- Includes 3 brush heads: CrossAction, ProWhite and Sensitive.
- Includes a premium travel case.
What Is The Difference Between Gum Care vs. Sensitive Clean Mode?
Gum Care massages your gums which helps in healing them. This works by moving the brush over your gums.
Sensitive Mode is where the tootbrush rotates in lower power so you don’t brush too hard on your gums. This is for brushing your teeth, but Sensitive mode prevents the main reason that causes gum damage, which is hard brushing.
Which of These Oral B Electric Toothbrushes To Buy?
Now we’ve established that brushing too hard is the main reason for causing sensitive gums, the most important cleaning mode to use is Sensitive mode, which is available in all the toothbrushes we mentioned above.
However, you don’t only want to avoid harming your gums, you want to reverse the effects of sensitive gums, and that’s where Gum Care mode comes in, and it’s only available in Oral B 5000 and Oral B 7000.
Between Oral B 7000 and 5000 (Click for a full comparison), we highly recommend the 7000, it is the top of the line model that has it all. Most importantly, it has the Smart Guide which the 5000 model now lacks (It used to have it, but not anymore). The Smart Guide gives you the option to see the timer as well as the cleaning modes on it instead of having to connect your toothbrush to your smartphone via Bluetooth, which we admit could be a tedious task after the novelty of it wears out.
The Smart Guide doesn’t require you to connect your toothbrush every time, it is always connected to your toothbrush without the use of Bluetooth, and it starts automatically when you start brushing your teeth.
Watch Them in Action:
- Activity Wristbands
- Air Purifiers
- Bed Mattresses
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Body Composition Monitors
- Electric Flossers
- Electric Shavers
- Electric Toothbrushes
- Facial Cleansing Systems
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Home and Office Health Gear
- IPL Hair Removal Systems
- Light Therapy Boxes
- Mattress Pads
- Medication Management
- Smart Sleep Monitors
- Ultrasonic Humidifiers
- WiFi Body Scales