Withings Aura vs. Beddit Smart Sleep Monitors: Which Is The Best Choice For You?
Withings Aura and Beddit are both sleep monitoring systems that help you analyze your sleeping patterns. Now, you might be wondering, do we really need to make our beds “smart”? The answer depends:
- Have ever suffered from sleeping problems, woke up feeling more tired than when you went to bed or even have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, then you do need to make your bed Smart.
Traditionally, sleeping problems are solved by going to a sleeping clinic where you have to go through lots of tests and sleep connects to many scary wires. For serious issues, this could still be required, but thanks to today’s advanced technology, you can easily identify the problem using a sleeping monitor.
In this post [Click to Jump]:
- How Does Withings Aura Work?
- How Does Beddit Work?
- What’s The Difference Between Withings Aura and Beddit?
- Which One To Buy?
- Video Reviews
Features of Withings Aura:
- Smart sleep system consists of a sleep tracker and a Wake Up Light.
- Tracks your sleep as well as help you improve your transitioning into and out of sleep.
- Uses a combination of light and sound to help you fall asleep and wake you up naturally.
- Wake up light features sunset and sunrise simulation.
- Sleep sensor is placed under the mattress, it tracks your body movement, breathing cycles and heart rate.
- Alarm in the Wake Up light wake you up at the best time of your lightest sleeping cycle so you wake up refreshed.
- Choose to wake up to your favorite music. Connects to Spotify as well as thousands of web radio stations.
- Special programs help you enjoy quick naps and relaxing sessions.
How Does Withings Aura Work?
Withings Aura doesn’t only track your sleeping pattern, it also help you get a good night sleep. It uses two components:
- The Sleep Sensor: This sensor goes under your mattress to track your movement, your breathing and heart rate and reports back to your smart device (Smartphone or Tablet).
- The Bedside lamp (The Wakeup light): This is more than just a cool light. It does three things:
- It helps you transition into sleep and out of sleep by using sunrise/sunset simulation.
- It’s an alarm clock that wakes you up at your light sleep cycle.
- It monitors your surroundings, this includes light sources, temperature, sound… anything that could affect your sleep quality.
All this information is gathered from these two components and is analyzed by the app on your smart device. All info will be displayed in easy to read graphs and visuals that will help you understand what’s happening while you’re asleep and what can be done to improve your sleep quality.
Features of Beddit 2.0:
- Sleep sensor tracks sleep time, heart rate, breathing, snoring, and any other night disturbances (e.g. waking up in the middle of the night, exiting bed…)
- Smart alarm wakes you up at a light sleep cycle.
- App gives you details of how well you’ve slept, data includes: deep or light sleep, how often you woke up, snoring, tossing/turning.
- Gives you tips on how to improve your sleeping quality.
How Does Beddit Work?
- Beddit is a simple, one component system. It has a thin sleeping sensor that you place underneath your sheets and you’re all set! The sensor automatically detects that you’ve fallen asleep and starts tracking. It is so light you won’t feel it’s there. In the morning when you’ve woken up, the sleeping data will be automatically sent and analyzed by the app, where you’ll see the quality score of your sleep and tips on how to improve it.
- Beddit also has a smart alarm that wakes you up at your light sleeping cycle so you wake up easily and refreshed.
What Is The Difference Between Withings Aura and Beddit?
- Withings Aura is much better as a full sleep system and monitor. It doesn’t only track your sleep and provide you with helpful data, but it contributes with raising the quality of your sleep. The bedside lamp monitors your surroundings to detect what’s disturbing your sleep, it also help you fall asleep.
- Beddit only works on tracking your sleep. So if your main problem is falling asleep or if you’re not sure what’s disrupting your sleep, Beddit won’t be any good. But it can provide you with a lot of insight of how you sleep.
How It’s Placed:
- Withings Sleeping sensor goes under the mattress, and yes, it is magically able to detect your heart rate and breathing THROUGH the mattress! However, the sensor must be positioned underneath your chest.
- Beddit only goes underneath the sheet. However, it is very thin so you won’t feel it’s there.
- Both Aura and Beddit have automatic sleep detection. This means you don’t have to press a button or notify the app that you’re going to bed, it automatically knows that you’ve fallen asleep and starts tracking.
Which Sleep Monitor Should You Buy?
Going through reviews of the Withing Aura and Beddit, we found lots of good reviews and a number of bad reviews. But before we get into that, let us tell you which system is the one to buy:
We prefer the Withings Aura because it helps you identify your sleeping problems and it gives you the solution right there and then. The sleeping sensor will track your sleep and the bedside lamp will tell you what might be keeping you from sleeping so you can fix it. Not only that, but it helps you fall asleep using light therapy and sound effects. And waking you up to your favorite Spotify playlist isn’t a bad bonus, at all!
Now about those low ratings, we noticed that some customers have reported missing features or features that don’t work properly. Some of these complaints date back to when the systems were released and most of the issues have been fixed in the latest app updates. So if you see a complaint that you’re worried about, first, make sure that it’s a recent complaint that has nothing to do with the software as those are frequently fixed with updates. If the issue is more of a hardware issue (the design for example), then you should consider it.
Watch These Video Reviews:
Unboxing of Withings Aura:
How Withings Aura Works:
Review of Beddit 2.0:
- Activity Wristbands
- Air Purifiers
- Bed Mattresses
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Body Composition Monitors
- Electric Flossers
- Electric Shavers
- Electric Toothbrushes
- Facial Cleansing Systems
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Home and Office Health Gear
- IPL Hair Removal Systems
- Light Therapy Boxes
- Mattress Pads
- Medication Management
- Smart Sleep Monitors
- Ultrasonic Humidifiers
- WiFi Body Scales