Withings Pop vs. Fitbit Charge Activity Trackers: Which One To Buy?
If you’ve always loved the idea of an activity tracker to help motivate you to be more active and give you details on your daily activities, but you’re not so keen on the design of activity trackers, we think we’ve found the thing just for you!
So far, most activity trackers come in the style of a wristband or a clip that can clash with your style. We get it, you don’t want to ruin the look, and it’s completely understandable! That’s where an activity tracker like Withings Activite Pop comes in. It’s a stylish analog watch with hidden activity tracking powers!
In this post, we’ll look at the features of the Withing Pop and compare it to the current most popular tracker, the Fitbit Charge.
Features of Withings Pop Watch and Activity Tracker:
- An analog watch that also tracks steps, distance, calories burned and running activities.
- Sleep monitoring feature measures the quality of your sleep.
- Silent alarm feature wakes you up by vibration.
- Water resistant up to 150 feet.
- Wireless data sync via Bluetooth.
- Free Health Mate app for your smart device gives you visual data of your activity and offers real-time coaching.
- No need to charge the watch. It uses a button cell battery that needs to be replaced only once every 8 months.
Features of Fitbit Charge Activity Tracker:
- Silicone wristband that tracks: steps, calories burned, distance, stairs climbed and sleeping.
- Get instant feedback on your stats on the OLED display.
- Automatic sleep monitoring and silent alarm feature.
- Get phone call notifications, see who’s calling via the display.
- Also displays current time so it works as a watch.
- Wireless data sync via Bluetooth.
- Connects to the Fitbit app as well as over 150 health apps available on app stores.
What Is The Difference Between Withings Pop and Fitbit Charge?
Image Title Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Large Withings Activite Pop Smart Watch (Activity and Sleep Tracker), Shark Grey Feature Accurately track all-day stats like steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, stairs climbed, and active minutes
See daily stats, time of day, and exercise mode with a bright OLED display
Monitor your sleep automatically and wake with a silent alarm
Get call notifications right on your wrist
Access real-time run stats like time, distance, and pace to stay on track
Sync stats wirelessly and automatically to your computer and over 120 leading smartphones
Activity Tracking: Steps, distance, running and calories burned
Sleep Monitoring: Sleep cycle analysis (light and deep sleep) Silent Alarm to start your day with a gentle wake-up vibration
Fun-to-wear materials: Activite Pop's design extends across the PVD-coated watch case and the smooth silicone watch strap
Free Health Mate app for real-time coaching
Battery Life: No need to charge Activite Pop, the button cell battery offers up to 8 months autonomy
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
- Withings Pop can track your steps, distance traveled, running, calories burned as well as sleep monitoring.
- Fitbit Charge tracks steps, distance, running, calories, climbed stairs and sleep monitoring.
This is the biggest difference between the two trackers:
- The Withings Pop has a classic analog watch design
- While the Fitbit Charge has a wristband design.
Viewing Data and How They Work:
Both trackers work the same way, they track everything fully automatically so no need to activate anything, just wear them and go. The difference is in how you can view your current data:
The Withings Pop doesn’t have a digital display. What is has is a dial that shows you how far along you are from achieving your daily goal. This is a goal you set for yourself on the app, usually it’s determined by how many steps you want to take in a day. If you’d like to see details of your activity, like how many steps you’ve taken so far or how many calories you’ve burned, you’ll have to reach to your phone to view them. The data syncs in real time, unless you’ve been out of range then it should take less than a minute to sync.
On the other hand, because the Fitbit Charge has an OLED display, it allows you to see your stats instantly with a push of a button, no need for your phone. However, using the app you’ll see your stats in beautiful graphics and detailed information.
- The Withings Pop uses cell battery that needs to be replaced onces every 8 months.
- Fitbit Charge uses rechargeable battery that lasts for up to 7 days and takes only about an hour to charge.
Withings offers a set of 3 bands in the colors Orange, Maroon and Teal. The tracker itself is available in dark grey, blue and beige, so whichever of these colors you choose, you’ll be able to mix and match the faces with the colored silicone bands. Click here for more info on this pack.
As for the Fitbit Charge, there is no way to customize it just yet. But it is available in 3 colors: black, blue and plum.
Which One Should You Buy?
The biggest difference in these trackers, and it’s probably the difference that will affect your purchase decision, is what design do you prefer?
- If you prefer to wear a classic looking watch, but in return get minimal info on your current stats (that’s until you’ve syncs with your phone or tablet), then you’ll love the Withings Pop. It’s a beautiful design with discreet powers, making it more suitable to wear to most occasions.
- The Fitbit Charge has your standard wristband activity tracker design. It gives you instant stat counts, caller ID and a clock. And the only additional info it offers is number of stairs climbed. But the biggest advance the Fitbit Charge can give you is the fact that it is compatible with over 150 apps, which gives you the freedom to choose the fitness app you want to use your Fitbit Charge with.
Review of the Withings Pop:
Review of Fitbit Charge:
- Activity Wristbands
- Air Purifiers
- Bed Mattresses
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Body Composition Monitors
- Electric Flossers
- Electric Shavers
- Electric Toothbrushes
- Facial Cleansing Systems
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Home and Office Health Gear
- IPL Hair Removal Systems
- Light Therapy Boxes
- Mattress Pads
- Medication Management
- Smart Sleep Monitors
- Ultrasonic Humidifiers
- WiFi Body Scales